The portfolio of Acer in the Smartworld device is best described as being modest relative to other Smartphone Giants like Apple, Samsung and Nokia, but this poised to take a different direction if the latest developments at ACER are anything to go by. Acer has taken away the wrapper from its latest Smartphone: – ACER LIQUID GLOW
Acer liquid Glow–body and design:
Acer liquid Glow is a compact phone that fits smartly in the hands of the beholder. This phone has been designed with attention to detail, the result of which has produced a mid-range phone with a 3.7-inch WVG display and 5MP rear camera with LED flash. The phone will run Android 4.0 ice Cream Sandwich on a 1GHz Qualcomm MSM8255 Snapdragon S2 CPU and 512 MB of RAM and is NFC enabled. Not so impressive for the RAM and processor, but still, that is enough to deliver a generally smooth Android experience.
This phone is using its NFC in a very interesting way what is being referred as Android Beam technology. Through this app you will be able to share: photos, contacts, apps, music, and video. The Acer Liquid Glow will be available in a variety of colors e.g. Sukura Pink. Alphine White and Cats-eye black.
Screen and display
The Acer Liquid Glow’s front is a 3.7-inch display with a resolution of 480 by 800 pixels. At 252 pixels per inch, the result is a pleasant viewing experience with detailed visuals and sharp looking text.
Acer liquid glow :-specifications
- Phonebook—-Unlimited entries, Caller groups, Multiple numbers per contact, Search by both first and last name, Picture ID, Ring ID
- Organizer—–calendar, alarm, and calculator
- Messaging-—SMS, MMS, thread view, and predictive text input.
- E-mail———-IMAP, POP3, SMTP, Microsoft Exchange
- Connectivity-—-Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, USB 2.0, microUSB connector and features :mass storage device, USB charging, NFC, computer sync and OTA sync
- Display-———-3.7-inches screen, resolution 480*800 pixels, pixel density 252 ppi, capacitive multi-touch screen and too will have light sensor and proximity sensor.
- Camera-———5MP, led flush, autofocus and geo-tagging
- Hardware-——QUALCOMM 7227A system processor, single core 1000MHZ, and system memory of512MB RAM
- Internet browsing-—supports HTML, flash and has built-in service support for YouTube and Picasa.
- Technology-——Has capabilities for GSM:850, 900, 1800, and 1900, UMTS 900,2100 MHz and supports HSPA, UMTS, EDGE and GPRS
- Sensors——-accelerometer, compass, voice dialing, voice commands and voice recording
- Others: - SNS integration
– Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
– Google Search, Maps, Gmail
– YouTube, Google Talk, Picasa integration
– MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+ player
– MP4/H.264/H.263 player
– Document viewer
– Voice memo/dial
Thoughts:-about Acer glow
For individuals who prefer thinner phones, still desire big display, this is the phone to go for because it is a good compromise. This phone does a so much leave the viewer thing about the Cloud Mobile, especially its curves and the Acer’s signature arcs found on the top and bottom of the device. Close analysis of the reveals some design changes between the two phones i.e. the inclusion of capacitive navigation buttons on the Glow as well as the absences of the soft grip textured back, but still family resemblance dominates.
Overall the Glow phone will emerge as a worthy competitor as long as the price will be reasonable. So far no availability date has been give, but we expect it will be out soon somewhere in the summer.