For individuals, online risks are related to identity theft or hacker access to bank data. More attractive targets for hackers are small businesses that may experience problems with online security and IT attacks have more dangerous effects. Here are 9 things you should know about web security, according to Mashable:-
1. Hackers invest resources only when hoping for gains: Online attacks are aimed at profits and small businesses which have websites or performing online business usually don’t have good security systems and hope hackers will get high returns with minimal effort.
2. Most attacks are automated: The high number of online attacks is due to network computers infected with malware, whose resources are used by hackers. Most attacks are performed using "armed" bots that spread spam and malware.
3. Hackers do not discriminate, but look for the most vulnerable victims: The selection criteria used by hackers when they choose vulnerable victims are mainly related to their security systems. When a site has adequate security measures it will be attacked repeatedly, because hackers publish online a list of vulnerable sites.
4. SQL injection attacks: The most commonly used way of online attacks and theft is the SQL injection which is available through numerous free hacking tools. SQL injection programs are providing the thief powerful tools to use against vulnerable sites.
5. Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks: A group hacker’s main weapon, the DDoS attack, has become known especially following the Anonymous group actions. The attack makes the site to become inaccessible to users, and hackers can resort to blackmail.
6. Business Logic attacks: The new type of attack, the Business Logic does not target malware, but vulnerabilities related to the operation of the site. Comments which are not moderated, is the easiest way to post links to malware sites.
7. A good firewall is worth the investment: Unlike a firewall, useful for home users, small businesses have to provide a firewall cloud service system, which provides protection against online attacks site, eliminating their negative impact.
8. Frequent Scanning is required: Besides the tools to ensure that the site can be accessed continuously by users, there are many regular scan services that identifies a site’s vulnerabilities before hacking. Free solution: Nikto2, available on CIRT.net.
9. Spam comments have damaging long-term effects: In the case of ignored Business Logic attacks, the large number of spam comments affects sites long-term. Even if users do not abandon the site that looks unclean, security engines places it on a more low position because of the number of links to malicious pages. Free solution: Akismet, available on Akismet.com.
These are only some of the problems that protecting a site includes. The best and safe way to protect your website is to have a firewall cloud service. This way you know for sure you and your site are protected.